Monday, January 02, 2006

Party til you ... Well you can guess...


Yup, they make doubles stronger in the USofA, and everyone was having so much fun, they forgot to remind me. Actually it was a really wonderful NYE dispute the lack of ability to focus sometime around 1:40 AM. Now, this is supposed to be a better reflection of me as a budding photographer, but we all have our moments, and stories.
His Name is Basil.

No, that's not the story I'm talking about above. It's the name of the person, whom I admire a lot, but whose name was completely gone from my brain by the time I saw him on NYE. Now, I'm a little angry at him, cuz he wouldn't save me from my embarrassment. Not permanently angry, just a little angry at him for leaving me hanging. Understand that I hadn't verbalized his name for approximately 3 years. 3 BRACKEN YEARS BAS!!! GIMME A BREAK! ;)
This is the Theme to Barny Miller, this is the Bar Bar Bar...

Anyway, that was the start of the party at Cap Hill that I went to. Such a great party. The best part was that I managed to see a huge ton of people that I hadn't seen in, like, forever. Saw a guy from back in Uni, Bri C. He didn't recognize me, but he looked good, and the same (strangely). I saw my old UIYG palette V.B. (that's an Aussie joke I'll explain to her later.) and she had her boy in tow. Then of course I saw Bas and he's working with a guy named John that was part of another troupe of comedians that had worked with us while we were doing UIYG (By the way, that means Up In Your Grill which has since become partly Flaming Box of Stuff). Then I was blessed by the goddess that night an my lovely friend who'd moved to S.F. came up to see her family came out to the event as well. That was a lovely time. She was wearing a nice leopard print... well... probably shouldn't share that info on line. Gosh, then there were probably a whole host of others. I remember seeing a guy who used to hang at the old Vogue, and a guy Jose was a friend of a friend. Shucks. Not like I'm giving an Emmy speech or anything... Anyway, lots of people, lots of drinks, lots of laughs. And I actually saw the Space Needle blow up, just J from SF knew where to stand.
Drank a full clip.

So, then, the next day was a complete loss. Now it's the 3rd? Sheesh. Well, again I say Happy New Year everyone. May all you Seattle Comedians and other Performers have a fruitful and funny year. Best of luck to all the Seattle Groups I knew know and love. TA!

No comments: