Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Jay got the Shot


I've already wished J of JaR Merry Xmas, but I haven't wished him Happy New Year yet.
Happy New Year Jay!

I'm finally on-line at full speed now, so I can surf back to JaR and check out his work. He's done a bit more organizing of his side of the site, and he's got a couple BEAUTIFUL shots in his new section. Great work J, love how sharp this image is.
Geisha move fast...
See the thing is, we've been chasing Maiko (or Geisha) around Kyoto for like two years, maybe three. And, despite their appearance, they move fast! I suppose that's cuz folks are always pestering them so much. And to add to that they only really come out at dusk. When the light is terrible. So for Jay to have gotten an image this crisp (using his 300mm I assume, which in itself is a super score also) is amazing.
So, congrats Jay, and hope this year brings you more awards and rewards. Keep shooting.

No comments: