Friday, September 16, 2005

Amanohashidate

Quite a mouthful. I realized that since I'm wrapping things up here, I had a few things still on my list. Unlike the bike incident, the Japan Sea turns out to be a wonderful place. Had I planned on staying longer, I would definitely make it one of my work places. Amanohashidate is one of those tourist towns that has but two major features. And they're beautiful. I went there over the weekend. It's views are great. The sky there was magnificent.

... grab your ankles and look behind you ...


The main point of Amanohashidate is to see the "Bridge in Heaven." The bay has a long beachfront that stretches from one side of the bay to the other. And upon each hill there's a lookout. As you can see in the pictures, people go up to these lookouts, bend over and look between their legs. And, if you look long enough, they say you can see the bridge to heaven. I personally think it's the blood rushing to your brain that makes it work, but that's me. See if you can see it yourself. I saw a couple making a wish. And though I didn't get the picture, there were these cute ladies that laughed and laughed after they tried it. Quite a sight to see four grannies trying to bend over... yeah, just too funny to type about...

... if you have the spare $50 check it out ...


From Kyoto it's only a three hour train ride to see it. Unfortunately on the way back they put you in an unairconditioned diesel train. So I was a bit sick when I returned. But the blue sky, ahhhh, what a day.

4 comments:

IX said...

Thanks. Yeah, I really think it's the blood rushing thing. People always misinterpret that phenomenon. ;)

epicurist said...

With my luck (ahem...clumsiness), I would probably pass out, fall over the cliff and actually be on that bridge to heaven.

Anonymous said...

*grab your ankles*... oh i could say such wrong things right here. ::grin::

*love this pic of you! haha.

ps. Hi epi!!!!

IX said...

yeah, bend over and make a wish... ripe with wrongness!

and epi. if you look ehind me, they actually have a net to catch people when they fall...