Thursday, October 27, 2005

My Life as a TV Show

Funny the thoughts that spin in an Amerikan kids head. Most recently (moments ago actually) I thought about asking Paul Allen if he would let me photograph some of his really expensive Chahuli Glass to use as stock photograpy. Now if this were a TV show, it would be a perfectly plausable thing for the down and out young naieve photographer to do. And Mr. Allen would of course say yes. Then he would ask about the portfolio that I happened to have, and then find my real art good. Then he'd pay me a lot of money for one of my real pictures.

The Rich Man says, "How about I buy one of your photographs, Rob, and you won't have to do all the stock photography work."


Yeah, right... So, then the fantasy just sorta spins off from there. I thought about sending all of my old bosses photos, and telling them how my life has turned out better due to the inconveniences of quitting/being semi-fired/loosing the chance because the company can't afford the pay-off to the temp agency. Maybe I should, and maybe I'll remember to do it when I return to the US. Something like that did work before. My renewed friendship with Mike Daisey (of _21 Dog Years_ fame) was a result of one of these "'Vengence' is bessed served with a cherry on top" ideas.

In his blog he said, "As geeky and dorky as this story is... I think I was hurt by his departure and his silence, and it took me a year and a half to figure that out, but I am terribly thankful that I did, because, as they keep telling us whippersnappers, life is short."


So, life is short, and I might as well do the things that I feel, though silly or fruitless, they don't hurt anyone, and moreso, they actually do something nice for them. I won't expect any favors, and if Karma exists (which I'm quite happy for it not to), maybe I'll get a few points that will be repayed in this lifetime.

Tabun. BeeMeeYo...

1 comment:

IX said...

Yeah, Chahuli's cool.