Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rough Week


Without going into a lot of whiney details, this last week has sucked.

I had a panic about a situation at my phtography site http://jarimagery.exposuremanager.com/g/roberts_vision . You see, I have been choosing non-traditional image sizes. I do it because I want to enhance one particular area of the image, rather than using the plain image. Of course I choose that in the shot, so sometimes, in the area that I consider "outside" the main image I'll have something lame, like the corner of a building or whatever. Anyway, because I'd chosen these odd sizes, I thought the printer would keep it the same. Well, that's not the case, and I almost had a bunch of images "re-cropped" to fit the paper size that was being used. Thankfully, the folks that run Exposure Manager are a good crew and helped me fix it immediately.

I chased around town for four hours, carrying 40kilo of stuff, to find myself paying exorbitant amounts of money. Also, someone misinterpreted an e-mail I sent and chose not to talk to me for a week. Though I didn't have a clue as to what was going on, after sending an e-mail, I found out the grevious error I'd made. Now, I guess that didn't actually have anything to do with my terrible week, but I guess it could have been better, having had the usual e-mail banter.

Upon reflection, I would not repeat these past two weeks.

No comments: