Friday, February 10, 2006

Running around like a chicken...


Still no job. I have been trying to get a position in an office. I have this idea that working in an office will make my life easy, and I'll be able to get back to a normal life. But it's not working so well. Truith is, I'm not sure what I'm qualified for. One HR person asked me if I was capable of
owning the integrity

of the database that I would be working with, and if I could maintain
database hygene.

I asked her to clarify, and she got back around to asking if I was organized. I said that I suppose I am, since I know where everything is in my computer... She didn't seem so impressed. I wonder what her desk looks like? Harumph! And so it goes. I also got suckered into hanging out with door to door salesmen, which they cleverly disguised as "business to business marketing." And now, I'm scared to reply to an event photography position, where the guy has made a bit higher than average effort to contact me (except for actually calling me...hmmm). But I fear it's going to be only part-part-time, but take up all my best hours. I'll call just the same, can't be any worse than what's happened before. Another thing is, as I have these "setbacks" I think more and more about my time teaching abroad. That, though tough, was a great job, and really rewarding at times. But that would mean that I have to leave my friends and family behind again, and spend $2000 every year to return home for the holidays. Things are difficult right now, so I'm going to forgo putting more depressing stuff up here.

No comments: