Saturday, November 26, 2005

Fun Car Go!!! clap clap clap!


Finally drove in Japan. Got this cute little step-van by Nissan. Not actually a car I'd like to own, but it's sure cute. Also, doesn't really have any guts. Anyway, went for a beautiful drive over the "mountains" between Kyoto and Lake Biwa. Drove over the "pass". (Took 25 minutes...pff.) The view was beautiful, would have taken some pictures, but I was driving. Not sure why no one else did, but whatever. Then we tried to go around the lower part of lake Biwa, but my navigation system failed me, and we ended up going about 30 minutes the wrong direction. We finally got to Yetanathu-Jo, not impressed. Nothing will ever beat Himeji-jo.
It was great to get a chance to drive once, since I'd gone through all the trouble of getting a international driver's license. And driving on the opposite side of the road isn't really that big a deal. My biggest problem was turning on the windshield wipers every time I took a left or right. Everything else was a cinch.

No comments: